Rachel Pernic Waldron is a partner at Rakoczy Molino Mazzochi Siwik LLP.
Ms. Pernic Waldron’s entire legal career has been largely focused on patent litigation. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, and a minor in Biology. She performed undergraduate research in analytical chemistry (mass spectrometry), and interned for a large chemical company in its analytical chemistry department.
Patent and Complex Commercial Litigation
Ms. Pernic Waldronjoined RMMS in May 2010. Since that time, Ms. Pernic Waldron has been involved in approximately twenty-five (25) Hatch-Waxman matters. She has extensive experience in every facet of Hatch-Waxman litigation, including fact and expert discovery, drafting (e.g.) Markman, Daubert, mediation, and appellate briefs, arguing motions and Markman hearings, handling court-ordered mediations, managing pre-trial activities, preparing witnesses, and conducting both direct and cross examinations at trial.
Prior to joining RMMS, Ms. Pernic Waldron was a partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where she concentrated her practice on patent litigation, and gained extensive patent litigation experience in a variety of different technologies, including medical devices, chemical reactors, microprocessors, engine technology, cosmetics, and hearing protection.
In addition, Ms. Pernic Waldron has represented clients in a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including matters involving breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition, common law conversion, false advertising, and trade secret misappropriation.
Ms. Pernic Waldron also has substantial patent counseling experience, particularly in matters concerning freedom to operate, and patent portfolio assessment and management. She also has considerable experience preparing formal opinions of counsel.
Prior to joining RMMS, Ms. Pernic Waldron was a partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Pernic Waldron served as a chemical purchasing agent at Sigma Chemical Company in St. Louis, Missouri. She also obtained laboratory experience by working as an intern quality assurance chemist for Sigma, and as a research assistant for the Indiana University Chemistry Department.
Northwestern University School of Law
(B.S. Chemistry, Minor Biology, 1995)
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- RMMS Receives Continued Recognition in IAM Patent 1000 – Two Firm Partners Individually Ranked July 6, 2022
- RMMS Secures Non-Infringement and Invalidity Win on BROMSITE® (bromfenac ophthalmic solution) 0.075% October 1, 2021
- RMMS Secures Copaxone® Win under Administrative Procedures Act December 30, 2020
- RMMS Scores Win in Case Involving CLENPIQ® June 23, 2020
- RMMS Awarded Impact Case of the Year by LMG Life Sciences September 18, 2019
- Federal Circuit Affirms Invalidity Judgment Concerning COPAXONE® (Glatiramer Acetate) October 12, 2018
- RMMS Secures Invalidity Win on Copaxone® 40 (glatiramer acetate 40 mg/mL) January 30, 2017
- Federal Circuit Affirms Judgment Of Non-Infringement Involving Generic Trizivir® (Abacavir Sulfate, Lamivudine, and Zid... February 12, 2015